Learning & Programs Coordinator, Cara Mason guides you through creating this cute Galentine’s or Valentine’s craft, inspired by Gustav Klimt’s The Kiss – see how to make it below!
Supplies You’ll Need:
– Magazines, scissors, cardboard to glue onto, white glue or glue sticks, paintbrush, an old gift card, and a photo of two people who love each other hugging, snuggling or kissing
– Cut out large areas of your magazine for the background in a colour of your choosing. Then cut out small square pieces from the magazine and sort by colour. For the photo and background, cut around the outline of the object/person.
– Without gluing, arrange your large collage pieces on your board, once you’re happy with the look, take a picture so you remember when the time comes for gluing!
– For the bottom-most pieces, paint a thin layer of glue right onto the board and gently smooth out the paper
– For the top-most pieces, paint your glue on the back of the collage piece
– Once you glue your piece in place, smooth out the paper with your gift card
– Find a collage piece that matches the colours in your photo
– Draw a blob shape into your background, try to imagine where the body and legs might be. Cut it out and glue the blob and photo in place
– Glue the small squares onto the blob and try to match the colours to the person/their clothes
– When you’re done gluing, place a piece of paper overtop of your collage carefully and rub the gift card over the surface to remove air bubbles and ensure everything is set in place