About WAG Studio
WAG Studio is one of Canada’s oldest gallery-run art-making programs. We believe art education is valuable to individuals at any age. Our programs are taught by practicing artists who share their enthusiasm, insight, and skills in a fun, friendly setting.
See the classes below or gift a class!
Courses for Adults
WAG Studio offers many ways to explore your creativity with beginner and intermediate courses in a variety of media. Unless otherwise indicated, adults provide their own tools and supplies for classes. Students in beginner courses will be given materials for the first class, while those in intermediate courses should bring their own selection. Supply lists are handed out on the first day of class. For special workshops, materials are generally included in the class cost.
Courses for Kids & Teens
Child and teen classes are structured to accommodate the abilities of different age levels. These fun-filled classes develop skills in various media, sparking creativity and imagination. Artist-instructors are paired with classes based on experience and area of specialization.
Choose from an exciting variety of creative workshops – from MakerLabs and ClayMakers to our signature Paint Parties. Check out our private virtual options too!
Enjoy monthly craft nights with local makers and artists. For ages 14 and up (participants under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian). All supplies and tools are provided. All skill levels welcome.
Spend some creative time together at our monthly DIY arts and craft afternoons! Drop in for hands-on artmaking activities. No pre-registration.
Our New Location
All art classes are offered on the Gallery’s Penthouse level. Public access is available by elevator (Penthouse) or stairs. This new studio space allows us to expand art education with larger and more versatile spaces, providing a breathtaking new home for art classes.
Learning & Programs Administrators
- Credit card numbers are required for telephone registrations
- Receipts may be emailed on request
- Cheques made payable to the Winnipeg Art Gallery. N.S.F. cheque charge is $15. Post-dated cheques are not accepted
- All fees are due at time of registration
- Classes or instructors may be subject to change without notice
- In the event of cancellation due to low registration, a full refund will be issued
- Refunds will only be issued if notification of withdrawal is received five working days before the first day of the class or workshop
- Refunds will not be issued after classes commence except for medical reasons (doctor’s note required)
- Refunds will be subject to a $15 administration fee
- All MakerLabs (including Paint Parties, ClayMakers and Family MakerLabs) are non-refundable after purchase, however tickets are transferable if the studio is notified of the new participant’s name prior to the workshop
- Help us ensure WAG Studio is a peanut and nut free space. This is for the safety of students and staff with peanut and/or nut allergies
- We do not send course confirmations or reminders. Register early and attend the first class as scheduled. Many classes fill up quickly. Please ensure to include a contact phone number and email on your registration form
- WAG Studio provides art supplies for the first adult class and for all child and teen classes. A list of materials required for adult programs is emailed or provided at the first class
- From time to time, we photograph classroom activities and students’ work for educational and promotional purposes. You may opt out by notifying the front desk. Photo consent forms will be emailed to the parents of students in our child and teen classes
- Personal data will not be shared, traded, or sold to any third parties. The WAG reserves the right to use this information for our own statistical, mailing, and membership purposes. You may opt out at any time
- All artwork left behind classes end becomes the property of WAG Studio. Work students wish to keep must be retrieved within two weeks of the close of each session (Winter, Spring, Summer, Fall). We are not responsible for any artwork unclaimed by the deadline
- Invitations and updates are sent by email