NEW Membership Program
Membership to the WAG-Qaumajuq includes FREE and affordable ways to join, while offering you new ways to customize your membership experience. We’ve also introduced new digital cards to help reduce our plastic card use.
Free for Indigenous Peoples
Indigenous Peoples receive free admission to the WAG and are eligible to become a Friend for FREE. This policy advances the WAG’s ongoing work to respond to the TRC Calls to Action and the UNDRIP. Join as a Friend today or join as a paying member to further support WAG-Qaumajuq!
Friend ($35, FREE for ages 25 & under)
A pilot for Qaumajuq’s inaugural year!
As a Friend, you’ll receive unlimited, free admission to the WAG for Qaumajuq’s inaugural year, plus:
- The latest WAG news, delivered straight to your inbox
- Invitations to exhibition openings
- A digital membership card that you can access from your smartphone
Friend with Benefits ($75)
Add your partner or companion for an extra $35 ($110 total).
As a Friend with Benefits, you’ll fuel programming that opens minds and hearts through the power of art. You’ll help WAG-Qaumajuq be free for youth and Indigenous Peoples, supporting reconciliation and nurturing the future of art and culture in our community.
You’ll enjoy the same perks as a Friend, plus these benefits:
- Early ticket/registration for select events and programs
- Discounts at shopWAG, Katita café, and select programming, plus promos with local partners
- Access to exhibition previews and special guided tours for you and a guest, including exclusive digital content
- A subscription to our myWAG magazine
Youth 18 & under can enjoy free entry to the WAG-Qaumajuq every day, a pilot for the inaugural year. You can learn more about our admission pricing here.
Add your friend or companion at no added cost.
Your contribution to the WAG provides transformative experiences for others and helps us build a better future! Memberships start at $200 – that’s $175 for your membership plus a minimum $25 donation. Increase your donation to make a bigger difference today!
Partners enjoy all the benefits of a Friend with Benefits, plus:
- One-of-a-kind art experiences and invites to private receptions for you and a guest
- Reciprocal admission granting entry and discounts at galleries across North America
- A subscription to Inuit Art Quarterly
- A 15% off coupon to use at ShopWAG
- A charitable tax receipt for your selected donation amount
- Recognition on the Annual Donor listing for donations of $500+
Add your partner or companion at no added cost.
Join the founding circle of Patrons coming together to build Qaumajuq. This special group of members will usher in a new era of the WAG, opening up inspiring programming and accessibility for everyone in the community. Memberships start at $1,000 – that’s $175 for your membership plus a minimum $825 donation.
Patrons enjoy all the benefits of a Partner, plus:
- The good vibes that come with deepening your impact in the community
- More unique ways to take in the new spaces and connect with others
Open yourself up to a new world of experiences by joining the Associates of the WAG. The Associates play an important role at the WAG, as fundraisers, volunteers, and advocates of the Gallery in the community.
By adding a $10 – $40 annual Associates fee to your existing WAG membership, you’ll enjoy:
- Insider experiences like behind-the-scenes opportunities with staff
- Exclusive programs to learn about art
- Early notification of Associates-led events, such as Travel Tours
- Social opportunities to connect, network, and meet like-minded individuals passionate about the arts
- Hands-on involvement through volunteer engagement, planning committees for activities and events, and much more
With free unlimited visits throughout the year, exclusive events, discounts, and other fantastic benefits, WAG memberships are the perfect gift for people with a passion for art, architecture, and culture.
Join other leaders who believe in the power of art to benefit the world around you. As a Corporate Member, you support programs that make art accessible to more people. You also open doors to exciting experiences for your employees and clients.
Kelsey FunkAdvancement Administrator
Museums in the New Millennium: Beyond Meaning-Making
Sep 17 Sep 19 '21
University of Manitoba Interior Design Masters Students were asked to develop, through their design studio, a new museum building and interiors. See their work in Eckhardt Hall!
Artworks Renaming Presentation & Discussion
Wednesday, Sep 22 '21
Join us for a presentation & panel discussion about the Artworks Renaming Initiative. As with many historical art collections, there are titles that carry inappropriate, outdated, even racist words, which are inappropriate and emotionally triggering in today’s context.
Sep 25 Sep 26 '21
Nuit Blanche is back at WAG-Qaumajuq and this year it falls on the 50th anniversary of the opening of the modernist landmark WAG building, designed by Gustavo Da Rosa. Enjoy FREE admission 6pm-midnight.
National Day for Truth and Reconciliation
Survivor Stories & Panel Discussion
Thursday, Sep 30 '21
In honour of the National Day for Truth and Reconciliation, WAG-Qaumajuq in partnership with the National Centre for Truth and Reconciliation, will be hosting a day of survivor stories and a panel discussion.
Free [email protected]
Sunday, Oct 10 '21
Join us on the second Sunday of every month for free admission to the WAG and more family fun, thanks to Canada Life!
Saturday, Oct 16 '21
The WAG’s premier fundraising gala benefitting young people in our community. In honour of the Inuit art centre opening, this year’s event is named the Qaumajuq Ball.