To advance the mission of the WAG, this dynamic group:
- Raises funds for the Gallery;
- Provides volunteer support to the WAG; and
- Enhances the WAG image and standing in the community.
Established in 1948, the Associates continue to be instrumental to the WAG, providing support for children’s art programs, major exhibitions, the purchase of art, and most recently, Qaumajuq – the Inuit Art Centre.
As an Associate of the WAG, you’ll receive all the core benefits of a WAG membership as well as a wealth of unique, art-filled opportunities:
- Get Involved: Support the WAG and the Associates by volunteering for specific events, or join a sub-committee of the Associates to help organize fundraising activities and special events like the Home Tour, Art in Bloom, and much more.
- Insider Experiences: Become part of the WAG family and get a behind-the-scenes look with staff and artists.
- Education: Enjoy exclusive opportunities to learn about art.
- Travel Tours: Receive early notification of our often sold-out international Travel Tours, organized and led by the Associates.
- Social: From our annual ‘Welcome Back’ party to art events throughout the year, there are plenty of ways to connect with friends old and new.
Want the inside scoop? The Insider is published three times per year. Click here to view the latest issue.
Become a Member
As a WAG member, you’re eligible to join the Associates for an additional annual fee:
- Associate $40
- Student Associate $10
- Payments can be made online, or by cheque, or cash via mail.
Sherry Glanville and Esme Scarlett
For more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Monday, Feb 1 '21
Associates of the WAG 2020’s Outstanding Philanthropic Group
The Winnipeg Art Gallery gives special thanks and congratulations to the Associates of the WAG in receipt of the 2020 Manitoba Philanthropy Award for Outstanding…
Friday, Feb 5 '21
Celebrating 63 years of art and triumph: Margaret Morse
On a lovely evening in September of 1971, Princess Margaret and Lord Snowden waltzed through the WAG to celebrate the opening of the current Gallery…
Saturday, Feb 6 '21
My journey to joining the Associates
“How can I make a difference in my community, for an organization that aligns with a passion of mine?” That was the question I asked…
Thursday, Jul 30 '20
WAG Champions Receive Order of Manitoba
Twelve Manitobans were selected to receive the Order of Manitoba in 2020, the province’s 150th year. The official announcement was made July 15 by The…
Thursday, May 16 '19
ICYMI: Associates Celebrated Seven Decades
In 1948 the WAG, like so many other Canadian institutions, was struggling to survive, let alone thrive, after the devastating years of the Depression and…
Friday, Feb 28 '20
Inspiring Legacy Honoured through Visible Vault Campaign
We’re seeing some pretty amazing stories come in from individuals and groups who are supporting the WAG Inuit Art Centre through the Visible Vault Campaign….
Wednesday, Apr 3 '19
A Masterpiece in Flowers
We’re inviting the outdoors in! For three whole days, the Gallery will be awash with the scents and colours of spring. This edition of Art…
Sunday, Apr 12 '20
ICYMI: Celebrating Shelley Nimchonok
The WAG is a haven for looking, seeing, and learning through the visual arts. It is also a catalyst for stimulating and enduring friendships. It…