To advance the mission of WAG-Qaumajuq, this dynamic group raises funds for the Gallery, provides volunteer support to WAG-Qaumajuq and enhances the Gallery’s image and standing in the community.
Established in 1948, the Associates continue to be instrumental to WAG-Qaumajuq, providing support for children’s art programs, major exhibitions and the purchase of art.
As an Associate of the WAG, you’ll receive all the core benefits of a WAG-Qaumajuq membership as well as a wealth of unique, art-filled opportunities:
- Get Involved: Support WAG-Qaumajuq and the Associates by volunteering for specific events, or join a sub-committee of the Associates to help organize fundraising activities and special events like the Home Tour, Art in Bloom, and much more.
- Insider Experiences: Become part of the WAG-Qaumajuq family and get a behind-the-scenes look with staff and artists.
- Education: Enjoy exclusive opportunities to learn about art.
- Travel Tours: Receive early notification of our often sold-out international Travel Tours, organized and led by the Associates.
- Social: From our annual ‘Welcome Back’ party to art events throughout the year, there are plenty of ways to connect with friends old and new.
Want the inside scoop? The Insider is published three times per year. Click here to view the latest issue.
Become a Member
To join this dynamic team supporting the arts, please take the following steps:
- Have a current WAG-Qaumajuq membership
Pay the Associate dues (Associate $40, Student Associate $10)
- Complete the online form or print and mail this form
Sherry Glanville and Esme Scarlett
For more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Monday, Feb 1 '21
Associates of the WAG 2020’s Outstanding Philanthropic Group
The Winnipeg Art Gallery gives special thanks and congratulations to the Associates of the WAG in receipt of the 2020 Manitoba Philanthropy Award for Outstanding…
Friday, Feb 5 '21
Celebrating 63 years of art and triumph: Margaret Morse
On a lovely evening in September of 1971, Princess Margaret and Lord Snowden waltzed through the WAG to celebrate the opening of the current Gallery…
Saturday, Feb 6 '21
My journey to joining the Associates
“How can I make a difference in my community, for an organization that aligns with a passion of mine?” That was the question I asked…
Thursday, Jul 30 '20
WAG Champions Receive Order of Manitoba
Twelve Manitobans were selected to receive the Order of Manitoba in 2020, the province’s 150th year. The official announcement was made July 15 by The…
Thursday, May 16 '19
ICYMI: Associates Celebrated Seven Decades
In 1948 the WAG, like so many other Canadian institutions, was struggling to survive, let alone thrive, after the devastating years of the Depression and…
Friday, Feb 28 '20
Inspiring Legacy Honoured through Visible Vault Campaign
We’re seeing some pretty amazing stories come in from individuals and groups who are supporting the WAG Inuit Art Centre. Connected to the WAG since…
Wednesday, Apr 3 '19
A Masterpiece in Flowers
We’re inviting the outdoors in! For three whole days, the Gallery will be awash with the scents and colours of spring. This edition of Art…
Sunday, Apr 12 '20
ICYMI: Celebrating Shelley Nimchonok
The WAG is a haven for looking, seeing, and learning through the visual arts. It is also a catalyst for stimulating and enduring friendships. It…
Join the Associates in raising funds for WAG-Qaumajuq
Nov 7 Dec 15 '23
The Associates of the WAG are organizing a special fundraiser in celebration of their 75th anniversary in support of programming for WAG-Qaumajuq.
Jun 11 Jun 16 '24
Join the Associates of the WAG on a Travel Tour to Haida Gwaii!