Re-Opening August 7
Although museums and galleries are technically able to reopen sooner in Manitoba, a little extra time is needed to put the finishing touches on this epic show for you, and prepare for the new safety measures (see below). Save the date for the virtual celebration of Naadohbii: To Draw Water on Friday, August 13 at 7pm CT. Exciting details to come!
The Gallery Shop and [email protected] Forks are now open. Our spaces are also available for private events according to provincial health orders. We can’t wait to welcome you back!
NEW SAFETY MEASURES
The WAG will continue to follow provincial guidelines for occupancy level and health orders, including:
- WAG-Qaumajuq will be open at 50% capacity to fully immunized people only
- Unvaccinated children under 12 may attend if accompanied by fully vaccinated members of their household
- Museums operate under the fully vaccinated requirement when open to the public as a museum, both indoors and out. If the museum is used as a private venue for another purpose (e.g. wedding), then the appropriate orders apply
- We ask all visitors to be mindful of social distancing practices and to prepare to wait in a line as we manage building capacity
- WAG will maintain the required occupancy level allowing staff and visitors to keep a physical distance of at least two metres, except for brief exchanges. The following steps will be maintained under public health orders:
- Touchless payment (i.e. credit and debit cards) is preferred over cash
- Please leave backpacks and large purses at home
- All tours and activities to accommodate physical distancing
- One person (or one household unit) per elevator
- Washrooms have frequent sanitization and are restricted to two individuals at a time
Health Precautions & Onsite Cleaning
- In order to help ensure the comfort and safety of all visitors and staff, the WAG has a mandatory face covering policy in place. We ask that all guests 5 years of age or older wear a mask that covers the nose and mouth while in public spaces at the Gallery. If needed, we do have masks available.
- Hand-sanitation and stringent cleaning practices throughout the galleries
- Water fountains are temporarily closed, water bottles are permitted in the Gallery. Please be careful around the art.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us [email protected]