Re-Opening August 7
The Gallery Shop and [email protected] Forks are now open; both shop locations require that all staff and visitors wear masks inside. Our spaces are also available for private events according to provincial health orders. Please note, our new cafe Katita is not yet re-opened.
NEW SAFETY MEASURES
The WAG continues to follow provincial guidelines for occupancy level and health orders:
- WAG-Qaumajuq is required to ask for proof of vaccination from visitors to access indoor areas. Effective September 7, 2021
- WAG-Qaumajuq is open at 50% capacity as per the current Manitoba public health orders
- WAG-Qaumajuq requires that all visitors 5 years of age or older and staff wear a mask that covers the nose and mouth while inside public spaces at the Gallery — if needed, we do have masks available at the front desk
- Please self-screen here in advance of your visit and be ready to show your pass upon entry — if you don’t have a smart phone we can ask you the self-screening questions when you arrive
- For regular Gallery visits, enter through our St. Mary Ave doors; groups and schools come in via Memorial Blvd
- Feel free to bring your own food and drinks to enjoy on the main floor of WAG-Qaumajuq, the outdoor patio on St. Mary Ave, and the penthouse level Rooftop Sculpture Garden — Katita Cafe will re-open soon!
- It is strongly recommended that visitors keep a physical distance of two metres
- We ask all visitors to be mindful of social distancing practices and to prepare to wait in a line as we manage building capacity
- WAG will maintain the required occupancy level allowing staff and visitors to keep a physical distance of at least two metres, except for brief exchanges
- The following steps are being maintained:
- Touchless payment (i.e. credit and debit cards) is preferred over cash
- Please leave backpacks and large purses at home
- All tours and activities to accommodate physical distancing
- One person (or one household unit) per elevator
- Washrooms are restricted to two individuals at a time
Health Precautions & Onsite Cleaning
- Hand-sanitation and stringent cleaning practices throughout the galleries
- Washrooms have frequent sanitization
- Water fountains are temporarily closed, water bottles are permitted in the Gallery — please be careful around the art!
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us [email protected]