Whether you’re in one of our galleries surrounded by centuries of art; Eckhardt Hall with its grand, gleaming Tyndall stone walls; or on the breathtaking Rooftop Sculpture Garden overlooking Winnipeg’s skyline, you’ll fall in love with the WAG’s many, unique spaces.
Spaces to inspire memorable events
The WAG’s signature event space is known for its soaring ceilings and backdrop of Manitoba Tyndall stone. Eckhardt Hall can be used for a wide range of events, from elegant sit-down dinners to cocktail receptions, trade shows, performances, and more.
Capacity: 300 standing; 180 for sit-down dinner
- 21-foot ceilings
- 3,000 square feet
- Natural reception space following event in the adjacent Muriel Richardson Auditorium
- 9-foot Baldwin grand piano available
The Muriel Richardson Auditorium (MRA) features outstanding acoustics and classic Eames chairs. This sleek, functional space is perfect for concerts, presentations, screenings, and performances.
Capacity: 319 theatre seating; 5 accessible spots
- Fully equipped for audio/visual and multimedia presentations: PA system with flown speakers and digital mixing board, sprung hardwood stage floor, full theatrical lighting, and a sophisticated projection system with a 400-square foot screen
- Adjoining lobby holds 125 for stand-up receptions
- Bosendorfer grand piano with extended keys
- Large backstage area with dressing rooms and green room
Muriel Richardson Auditorium Seating Chart (PDF)
Muriel Richardson Auditorium Stage Dimensions (side view) (PDF)
Muriel Richardson Auditorium Stage Dimensions (top view) (PDF)
Muriel Richardson Auditorium Technical Specs (PDF)
Rooftop Sculpture Garden
Guests feel on top of the world when relaxing in our private rooftop garden. The city skyline creates a dramatic backdrop for weddings, private parties, screenings, and outdoor activities.
Capacity: 200 seated theatre style; 250 stand-up reception
- Available year-round
- Rental includes the Penthouse Lobby
- In summer, enjoy sculptures from the WAG collection and a reflecting pool
With floor-to-ceiling windows, this open area encourages mingling while admiring the expansive Rooftop Sculpture Garden. This space is just the thing for stand-up receptions, bar service, or staging/reception.
Capacity: 90 for stand-up reception
- Included when renting the Rooftop Sculpture Garden
- In summer, overlooks sculptures from the WAG collection
Our ever-changing Skylight Gallery showcases some of the WAG’s most impressive works of art as well as the stunning glass skylight. This space is ideally suited for intimate dining experiences or cocktail receptions.
Capacity: 180 stand-up reception; 48 sit-down dinner
- Abundant natural light
- Located at the top of the master staircase on the Galleries Level (3rd Floor)
- Features artworks from the WAG collection
This versatile and functional space is perfect for informal lectures, presentations, workshops, and meetings.
Capacity: 60 (classroom or presentation-style)
- Conveniently located on the main floor between the Muriel Richardson Auditorium and Eckhardt Hall
- Projection screen
We will have even more rental spaces available following the grand opening of Qaumajuq – the Inuit Art Centre in 2021. Details will be available soon, but in the meantime, check out the concept for the stunning adjoining building.
For a full list of FAQ’s, download the [email protected] pdf
Does the WAG allow ceremony only bookings? You must book your wedding reception at the WAG to have your wedding ceremony here as well.
How much is the deposit? Your rental deposit will be 50% of the total rental cost.
What is your cancellation policy? The rental deposit will be returned if the WAG receives a cancellation notice at least six (6) weeks in advance of the rental date. The WAG maintains the right to cancel the booking if the deposit is not received at least one month from the date the contract is issued.
What are our bar options? Circa Catering is able to provide host, cash or corkage bar service. For more information please contact Sheila at [email protected].
What’s the backup plan for inclement weather for our Rooftop Sculpture Garden ceremony? At the time of confirming your rental, you are required to book an alternative space for your ceremony. You must pay for both rooms, whether you use the alternative area or not.
Download our list of Preferred Vendors for WAG Rental Clients. Find decorators, florists, photo booths, lighting, sweets, wedding officiants, photographers, and event planners!