Audio-Visual Technician (Casual)
Under the direction of the Lead Audio/Visual Technician, this position provides audio visual services for internal and external WAG Clients.
Starting wage: $18.23/hour
The WAG has grown into one of the country’s leading visual art museums with the addition of Qaumajuq, home to the largest public collection of contemporary Inuit art in the world. The WAG is home to an impressive collection of over 27,000 artworks spanning centuries, cultures, and media. Our exhibitions feature a diverse array of art and content and are supported by a wide range of programs, events, and partnerships aimed at creating a place for us to meet and share. The WAG welcomes everyone to enjoy this space as a centre for learning and discovery, and to connect with each other through art.
The WAG is committed to equity, diversity, and inclusion and aims to create a healthy and rewarding environment. We welcome applications from qualified individuals who represent the diversity of the community in which we live, including, but not limited to, Indigenous Peoples, racialized groups, 2SLGBTQ+ people, persons with disabilities and people from other equity-seeking groups. The WAG, in accordance with the Accessibility for Manitobans Act, is also committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. We will work with candidates requesting accommodation at any stage of the hiring process.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Set up and strike A/V equipment as required.
- Operate A/Va equipment and theatrical lighting systems.
- Assist users/clients in determining equipment needs and lighting requirements.
- Produce and/or duplicate A/V programs for Gallery events.
- Advise Lead Audio/Visual Technician on needs for equipment maintenance and/or repair.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Technical college or vocational school diploma in Broadcast/Sound Engineering or Theatre/Stage Craft.
- Experience in operating A/V systems in a theatre setting.
- Ability to exercise sound judgement and to work independently in an organized manner.
- Ability to deal effectively and courteous with staff and the general public.
- Experience with strand lighting and digital sound boards preferred.
Required daytime availability.