- Exhibition Openings
- (This color labels any exhibition opening date)
Click on the program / event title
for more information.
- Art to Inspire
Thursday, March 8, 2018 to Thursday, May 17, 2018
- Art to Inspire is a program designed to creatively engage people living with Alzheimer’s disease, or other forms of dementia, and their care partners with visual art.
- ShopWAG Presents Prairie Perspectives
Thursday, April 26, 2018 to Sunday, May 27, 2018
- Featuring works by Naomi Gerrard, Hildegard Sen, and Pamela Rainer Moore, Prairie Perspectives is teeming with imagery of life on the Canadian prairie.
- Opening: organic
Friday, May 4, 2018 from 7pm to 10pm
- You are invited to celebrate organic, a new exhibition that pairs Tess Michalik's sumptuously layered floral paintings with Chantal Dupas' meticulous botanical watercolour illustrations.
- MakerLab: Shibori Fabric Dyeing
Saturday, May 12, 2018 from 6:30pm to 9:30pm
- Learn the art of Shibori, an ancient Japanese method of resist dyeing.
- Sarah Sue + Johanna Brierley Trunk Show
Thursday, May 17, 2018 to Sunday, May 20, 2018
- Meet two Winnipeg women, Sarah Sue and Johanna Brierley, who have complimentary design aesthetics: luxurious fabric and precious metals.
- LGBTQ2S Singles Meet + Greet
Thursday, May 24, 2018 from 7pm to 9pm
- Ditch the dating apps and meet a group of awesome singles at a fun social event on the eve of Pride Week.
- Members’ Preview: SakKijâjuk Art and Craft from Nunatsiavut
Thursday, May 24, 2018 from 6pm to 8pm
- Join us for the Members' Preview of SakKijâjuk: Art and Craft from Nunatsiavut.
- ShopWAG Presents Barry Pottle: Urban Inuit Photography
Friday, May 25, 2018 to Sunday, July 22, 2018
- Barry Pottle is an Inuk artist from Nunatsiavut in Labrador (Rigolet), now living in Ottawa. Pottle has always been interested in photography as a medium of artistic expression to explore the world around him.
- Opening: SakKijâjuk: Art and Craft from Nunatsiavut
Friday, May 25, 2018 from 7pm to 10pm
- You are invited to the opening of SakKijâjuk: Art and Craft from Nunatsiavut, the first major exhibition of the breathtaking and long-hidden art of the Labrador Inuit.
- Groundbreaking: Inuit Art Centre at the WAG
Friday May 25, 2018 at 11am
- You're invited to join us for the groundbreaking celebration of the Inuit Art Centre at the Winnipeg Art Gallery.
- Tour & Talk: SakKijâjuk
Saturday May 26, 2018 at 2pm
- Join us for an exhibition tour & talk about SakKijâjuk: Art and Craft from Nunatsiavut with Curator and co-chair of the WAG's Indigenous Advisory Circle, Dr. Heather Igloliorte.
- Norval Morrisseau and Abraham Anghik Ruben: Shaman Stories
Monday, April 30, 2018 to Sunday, September 30, 2018
Saturday, April 21, 2018 to Sunday, November 11, 2018
- Linda Fairfield Stechesen: The Garden
Saturday, February 17, 2018 to Sunday, June 24, 2018
- Wednesday, September 28, 2016 to Monday, December 30, 2019
- Drop by the Pavilion at Assiniboine Park Conservancy (APC) for a rotating series of free exhibitions curated by the WAG. Art is drawn primarily from the APC collection, as well as from the WAG collection.
- Inuit Art at Journey to Churchill
- Tuesday, December 23, 2014 to Wednesday, December 23, 2020
- An ongoing, rotating display of Inuit sculpture at the Assiniboine Park Zoo’s Journey to Churchill exhibit.
- Highlights of Inuit Sculpture
Tuesday, May 4, 2010 to Friday, November 8, 2019
- An exhibition featuring some of the outstanding Inuit sculptures in the WAG collection.