- Exhibition Openings
- (This color labels any exhibition opening date)
Click on the program / event title
for more information.
- Curator Tour - The WAG Century
Wednesday September 12, 2012 at 12pm
- Join curator Andrew Kear and learn more about the WAG's 100-year history.
- Architectural Walking Tour
Wednesday, September 19, 2012 from 12pm to 1pm Sunday, October 14, 2012 from 2pm to 3pm
- Learn more about the iconic WAG building and Winnipeg’s modernist heritage by taking one of our architectural tours. WAG architectural tours are offered in partnership with the Winnipeg Architectural Foundation.
- Preview—The Stafford Collection of Inuit Sculpture
Thursday, September 20, 2012 from 11am to 5pm
- Get a tour of The Stafford Collection of Inuit Sculpture with Bob Stafford and Darlene Coward Wight, WAG Curator of Inuit Art.
- Winnipeg Design Festival: 10X20X20
Friday September 21, 2012 at 8pm
- Artists from Winnipeg Now will each present 20 slides lasting 20 seconds each
- Curator's Tour--The Stafford Collection of Inuit Sculpture
Wednesday September 26, 2012 at 12pm
- Join Darlene Coward Wight, Curator of Inuit Art, and collector Bob Stafford for a tour of this exhibition featuring work from his collection of Inuit sculpture which he recently donated to the WAG.
- Gallery Ball Auction
Wednesday, September 26, 2012 to Thursday, October 18, 2012
- Online auction showcasing some of Winnipeg's great artists and experiences, in support of WAG Youth Programs.
- Preview—Winnipeg Now
Thursday, September 27, 2012 from 5pm to 7pm
- One of the perks of membership. The chance to see Winnipeg Now before anyone else.
- Super Lecture + Iron Dragon Super Mash-Up
Friday September 28, 2012 at 8pm
- Cheer on intrepid designers as they push their imaginations and graphic talents to the limit in a live battle!
- NO SLEEP ONLY ART
Saturday, September 29, 2012 from 6pm to 6am
- Running from 6pm to 6am the next day, this free art and entertainment festival features the contemporary exhibition Winnipeg Now.
- Centennial Birthday Party
Saturday, September 29, 2012 from 11am to 6pm
- Help us kick-start our centennial celebrations with this free all-day party for the whole family!
- Free Public Opening: Winnipeg Now
Saturday September 29, 2012 at 7pm
- Feel the pulse of the city. New works by 13 Winnipeg artists created especially for this exciting exhibition.
- Winnipeg Now Artists' Panel: Part 1
Saturday September 29, 2012 at 8pm
- Join us for a lively panel discussion featuring artists from Winnipeg Now.
- Guy Maddin Film Screening
Saturday September 29, 2012 at 10pm Saturday September 29, 2012 at 11pm Sunday September 30, 2012 at 12am Sunday September 30, 2012 at 1am Sunday September 30, 2012 at 1pm Sunday September 30, 2012 at 2pm Sunday September 30, 2012 at 3pm Thursday October 4, 2012 at 1pm Thursday October 4, 2012 at 2pm Thursday October 4, 2012 at 3pm Thursday October 4, 2012 at 4pm Friday October 5, 2012 at 5pm Friday October 5, 2012 at 6pm Friday October 5, 2012 at 7pm Friday October 5, 2012 at 8pm
- Come and watch noted Winnipeg filmmaker Guy Maddin shoot scenes for his latest film in the galleries.
- An Evening with Paul Butler
Monday, October 1, 2012 from 7pm to 8:30pm
- Join in the conversation with Winnipeg Now artist Paul Butler.
- The WAG Century
Saturday, August 25, 2012 to Sunday, August 11, 2013
- The story of the WAG's first 100 years through archival materials, videos, photographs, architectural blueprints, and works of art.
- The Stafford Collection of Inuit Sculpture
Saturday, August 25, 2012 to Sunday, November 18, 2012
- This recent donation of Inuit sculpture spans the 1980s to the 2000s.
- Green ... Grass ... Dot ...
Thursday, July 26, 2012 to Saturday, September 15, 2012
- Artist Ewa Tarsai greens up the WAG with her living artworks.
- Snapshot: Selections from the WAG's Photography Collection
Saturday, June 23, 2012 to Saturday, February 9, 2013
- A tantalizing taste of the WAG's photography collection.
- Fairy Tales, Monsters, and the Genetic Imagination
Friday, June 15, 2012 to Sunday, September 2, 2012
- Created by contemporary artists from around the world, the hybrid creatures in this exhibition symbolize life's mysteries, desires, and fears.
- Highlights of Inuit Sculpture
- Tuesday, May 4, 2010 to Friday, March 15, 2019
- An exhibition featuring some of the outstanding Inuit sculptures in the WAG collection.
- Modernist Traditions: 1900-1950
Wednesday, March 3, 2010 to Wednesday, November 5, 2014
- The invention of photography had a lasting impact on how artists in the latter-half of the 19th century came to view the world as shown by these works from the WAG's collection.
- The Academic Tradition in Europe & Canada, 1700-1900
Wednesday, March 3, 2010 to Sunday, March 25, 2018
- From Rome to Utrecht, European artists in the 17th and early 18th century created the emotionally charged work of the Baroque era. In reaction to the Protestant Reformation, the Roman Catholic Church strove to entice believers back to the fold with gripping and beautiful vignettes of biblical drama
- European Renaissance and Baroque Art: 1500-1700
Wednesday, March 3, 2010 to Sunday, March 25, 2018
- From the WAG's collection, art produced between the 16th and 18th centuries, originating from the leading artistic centres of Europe.This period is marked by important social and political changes, and art itself underwent a major transformation