- Exhibition Openings
- (This color labels any exhibition opening date)
Click on the program / event title
for more information.
- ShopWAG Presents Barry Pottle: Urban Inuit Photography
Friday, May 25 to Sunday, July 22
- Barry Pottle is an Inuk artist from Nunatsiavut in Labrador (Rigolet), now living in Ottawa. Pottle has always been interested in photography as a medium of artistic expression to explore the world around him.
- Watercolours and Wanderlust
Sunday, June 3 to Sunday, June 10
- Spring is here and FortWhyte Alive and the WAG have teamed up to bring you an amazing opportunity to learn about local plant life.
June 11 - June 16
- MakerLab: Minimalist Necklaces
Wednesday, June 13 from 7pm to 9pm
- Create two modern minimalist necklaces with Monique Espino of Lovely Moons, a Winnipeg-based jewellery line.
- Members' Preview: Summer with the Impressionists
Friday, June 15 from 6:30pm to 10pm
- Discover the inside story on the outsiders who forever changed the art world.
- Tour & Talk: French Moderns
Saturday, June 16 from 1pm to 2:30pm
- Join us for a tour of French Moderns: Monet to Matisse with Brooklyn Museum Curator, Lisa Small.
- Field Trip: The Garden + Brokenhead Wetland Interpretative Trail
Sunday, June 17 from 11am to 4pm
- Start with a tour of The Garden exhibition at the WAG, then take a short bus trip to Brokenhead Wetland Interpretative Trail for a guided experience.
- Art and Craft from Nunatsiavut : SakKijâjuk
Saturday, May 26 to Sunday, October 14
- Women Artists in Canada, 1900-1960: Defying Convention
Saturday, May 5 to Sunday, November 11
- Norval Morrisseau and Abraham Anghik Ruben: Shaman Stories
Monday, April 30 to Sunday, September 30
Saturday, April 21 to Sunday, November 11
- Linda Fairfield Stechesen: The Garden
Saturday, February 17 to Sunday, June 24
- Wednesday, September 28, 2016 to Saturday, September 28, 2019
- Drop by the Pavilion at Assiniboine Park Conservancy (APC) for a rotating series of free exhibitions curated by the WAG. Art is drawn primarily from the APC collection, as well as from the WAG collection.
- Inuit Art at Journey to Churchill
- Tuesday, December 23, 2014 to Wednesday, December 23, 2020
- An ongoing, rotating display of Inuit sculpture at the Assiniboine Park Zoo’s Journey to Churchill exhibit.
- Highlights of Inuit Sculpture
- Tuesday, May 4, 2010 to Friday, March 15, 2019
- An exhibition featuring some of the outstanding Inuit sculptures in the WAG collection.