- Exhibition Openings
- (This color labels any exhibition opening date)
Click on the program / event title
for more information.
- Art to Inspire
Thursday, March 8 to Thursday, May 17
- Art to Inspire is a program designed to creatively engage people living with Alzheimer’s disease, or other forms of dementia, and their care partners with visual art.
- ShopWAG Presents Bud Gillies: Vessels + Frescoes
Friday, March 23 to Sunday, April 22
- An show + sale featuring paintings and ceramic works by Bud Gillies. His paintings are a celebration of colour enhanced by their simplicity and clarity of form; his compositions are fresh, inventive, and highlight the element of chance.
April 3 - April 8
- Friday Night Tours
Friday, April 6 from 7pm to 8pm
- Join us for conversational tours of INSURGENCE/RESURGENCE.
- UWinnipeg x WAG: Surgence Tour + Talk
Saturday, April 7 from 1pm to 5pm
- In collaboration with UWinnipeg, join us for a tour of INSURGENCE/RESURGENCE and talk with bestselling author Dr. Linda Tuhiwai Smith. Free entry!
- ClayMaker: Garden Markers
Sunday, April 8 from 11:30am to 1:30pm
- Join Crystal Nykoluk for a fun clay project that can be completed in one session. Just make it, glaze it, and voilà!
- Linda Fairfield Stechesen: The Garden
Saturday, February 17 to Sunday, June 24
- The Vessel: David Altmejd
Saturday, November 25, 2017 to Sunday, April 8, 2018
- NGC@WAG’s 12th exhibition to date brings the work of David Altmejd to Winnipeg.
- A Personal Journey: Pitaloosie Saila
Saturday, October 28, 2017 to Sunday, April 15, 2018
- For over 60 years, Pitaloosie Saila has contributed to the Cape Dorset print collections.
Friday, September 22, 2017 to Sunday, April 22, 2018
- Twenty-nine emerging to established Indigenous artists working in a variety of media who consider the political undercurrents of Canadian society.
- Tom Thomson and the Group of Seven
Saturday, May 27, 2017 to Sunday, April 8, 2018
- Some of the WAG's most most popular and captivating examples of Canadian art.
- Wednesday, September 28, 2016 to Saturday, September 28, 2019
- Drop by the Pavilion at Assiniboine Park Conservancy (APC) for a rotating series of free exhibitions curated by the WAG. Art is drawn primarily from the APC collection, as well as from the WAG collection.
- Inuit Art at Journey to Churchill
- Tuesday, December 23, 2014 to Wednesday, December 23, 2020
- An ongoing, rotating display of Inuit sculpture at the Assiniboine Park Zoo’s Journey to Churchill exhibit.
- Highlights of Inuit Sculpture
- Tuesday, May 4, 2010 to Friday, March 15, 2019
- An exhibition featuring some of the outstanding Inuit sculptures in the WAG collection.