To ensure that all our visitors have the most enjoyable experience possible and to help protect the art for future generations to enjoy, we ask you to kindly observe the following policies:
- Backpacks, large purses, umbrellas, or other bulky items are not allowed in the galleries. Free parcel check is available at the front desk.
- Reasonably sized strollers are allowed in the galleries unless the galleries are crowded. Children must not push strollers.
- Visitors are allowed to sketch on sketchpads, in pencil, as long as it does not obstruct or interfere with other visitors.
- No food or drinks are allowed in the galleries.
- Please allow a 24 inch distance from artwork. Do not touch artworks, frames, or cases, or point with canes, pencils, or other objects.
- Cell phones should be turned to silent mode while in the galleries.
The Winnipeg Art Gallery allows photography for personal use only, except where indicated. We ask that you respect the rights of the artists and their representatives under Canadian copyright law. For more information on Canadian copyright law, click here.
The following are not permitted:
• commercial use or reproduction of any photograph or image taken at the Winnipeg Art Gallery without express written permission of the copyright holder
• tripods or other equipment that may interfere with other visitors or artwork
• photography of any object, special exhibition or gallery marked by signage indicating that photography is not permitted