- Exhibition Openings
- (This color labels any exhibition opening date)
Click on the program / event title
for more information.
- Art for Lunch
Wednesday, March 20 to Wednesday, May 29
- Talks, tours, and videos relating to current exhibits.
- Family Fusion
Tuesday, March 26 to Wednesday, October 30
- Family Fusion is a monthly DIY arts and crafts event – stop by the WAG with your family and spend some creative time together!
- Weekend Drop-In Tours
Saturday, April 27 to Sunday, September 15
- Saturdays & Sundays at 2pm.
May 28 - June 2
- Paint Party: Simple Succulents
- Wednesday, May 29 from 7pm to 9:30pm
- Create a minimalist painting featuring a succulent and a simplified geometric pot.
- SoWAG Summer Rooftop Mingle
- Friday, May 31 from 6pm to 8pm
- The next event is on May 31: Summer Rooftop Mingle, from 6-8pm
- Perspectives from India to Canada: Vision Exchange
- Saturday, May 11 to Sunday, September 8
- Brings together the work of 20 contemporary artists from India and artists of Indian heritage living in Canada.
- Heroes, Ghosts, and Dreams: Tony Scherman
- Saturday, April 6 to Sunday, August 11
- Since the 1970s, Tony Scherman has pursued image and figuration even while Pop Art and Conceptualism gained prominence.
- Ocean + Outport: David Blackwood
- Tuesday, December 11, 2018 to Sunday, September 1, 2019
- Born on Newfoundland’s eastern coast, David Blackwood renders the region’s outport architecture and tools, important historical events and figures, and unique but enduring social practices.
- A Conversation in Clay: Robert Archambeau
- Saturday, November 17, 2018 to Tuesday, September 10, 2019
- A harmony of colours, textures, and glazes by an extraordinary ceramic artist.
- Nivinngajuliaat from Baker Lake
- Saturday, November 17, 2018 to Sunday, July 21, 2019
- Norval Morrisseau: Androgyny
- Saturday, November 10, 2018 to Thursday, October 31, 2019
- Androgyny is recognized as one of Morrisseau’s most significant works of art, and a reminder to Canadians of the enduring bond formed by an important gift.
- Reimagining the Collection: Salon Style
- Tuesday, October 16, 2018 to Tuesday, September 10, 2019
- Wednesday, September 28, 2016 to Saturday, September 28, 2019
- Drop by the Pavilion at Assiniboine Park Conservancy (APC) for a rotating series of free exhibitions curated by the WAG. Art is drawn primarily from the APC collection, as well as from the WAG collection.
- Inuit Art at Journey to Churchill
- Tuesday, December 23, 2014 to Wednesday, December 23, 2020
- An ongoing, rotating display of Inuit sculpture at the Assiniboine Park Zoo’s Journey to Churchill exhibit.