Materials You’ll Need: pencil, any other craft supplies you have! (we like working with paint, construction paper, string, scrap fabrics, feathers, string, hot glue, and/or washi tape)
– Choose how you will decorate your pencil – you could wrap string or fabric around it with glue, wrap decorative washi tape around it, or paint it!
– If you’re applying fabric or string to your pencil, keep the material towards the top so you can still sharpen the pencil. If you’re painting the pencil, sand the pencil so the paint adheres better.
– Add your feathers! If you have feathers, snip along the fluffy side of the feather to remove that part, and then cut along the spine of feather. You’ll want to glue the spine-side to the pencil (you’ll need 2 per pencil)
Step 2 continued:
– If you don’t have feathers handy, make some out of construction paper! Fold the paper in half and cut out a heart shape, then cut slits along each side of the heart at the same angle of the bottom of the heart
– Add a line of glue along the side of the pencil and gently press the spine of the feather into the glue *be careful