The perfect winter activity: Create a beautiful white winter scene using items you already have at home!
- Scissors, tape, glue
- Cardboard / cardboard box
- Paint, pencil crayons, crayons, markers (if available)
- White items such as cotton balls, paper, napkins, string, and so on
- First, get a box and cut off the flaps with scissors to use as the support for your collage, or find another flat piece of cardboard
- Next, go on a fun scavenger hunt throughout your home and gather all the white things you see that you can collage onto your cardboard. Arrange all the supplies in front of you so you can see what you found! You can include things like:
- White ribbon, string, paper, napkins, cotton balls, pillow fluff, white paint, white pencils, white crayon, white chalk, Q-tips, and even small Lego and googly eyes – anything white!
- Time to start your artwork! It’s nice to begin with white pencil, crayon or a bit of white paint. You can dab the paint on with Q-tips
- Use glue to add all the other items. Let your imagination run wild with ideas of nature in winter. This can include snow banks, snow men, snowy trees, and so much more!
Here are some finished examples!