Every Child Matters: Calls to Action
WAG-Qaumajuq supports the renewed calls from the National Centre for Truth and Reconciliation for all the children who never came home. Learn more here.
We encourage settler Canadians to get involved in the following ways and by writing a letter to their MP to urge the Federal government to take action by supporting Indigenous communities’ calls for ground radar searches at every residential school in Canada. A sample letter is below.
Additional Information & Ways to Support:
- Learn which Nation’s territory you live on
- Learn about the residential school timeline
- Read the National Student Memorial Register
- Read the TRC Calls to Action
- Download activity guides and educational resources
- Listen to Residential School Survivors talk about their experiences here and here
- Take a free online course called “Indigenous Canada” offered by the Faculty of Native Studies at the University of Alberta
- Donate to Na-Mi-Quai-Ni-Mak Community Support Fund
- Donate to the Indian Residential Survivors Schools Society
- Identify your MP
- Copy their email address into a new email
- Copy and paste sample letter below, or another message, into an email