Major Gift Officer
Application deadline: 2017-11-27
An Exciting Project
The Inuit Art Centre being built at the Winnipeg Art Gallery will change our Province. We know that as Manitoba and Canada search for meaningful reconciliation, the Inuit Art Centre is one path to cultural understanding. It will share art, history and culture between Canada’s North and South, and ensure Inuit feel inspired and empowered to share their art and culture with the world.
As the only Centre of its kind in the world, this is an important project for our Province. And we’re looking for the right person to join the team to help ensure the Centre becomes a reality.
An Exciting Opportunity
Please apply if you:
• Believe in the power of art to inspire generations, and change and shape our world.
• Are passionate about providing donors the opportunity to invest in a game-changing project, at one of Manitoba’s leading arts institutions.
• Want to work in a fast-paced, collaborative work environment with hard-working, fun-loving colleagues.
In the role of Major Gift Officer, you will:
• Participate in the full scope of development activities - discovery, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of donors.
• Build and manage a strong portfolio of prospects and donors capable of making gifts of $25,000 and above, with a focus on building sustainable long-term relationships.
• Work closely with Campaign Director to develop a successful major-gift program and implement strategic fundraising activities.
• Support the work of the capital campaign cabinet and WAG Director & CEO, as well as identify potential new volunteers with the capacity and influence to engage new donors.
• Consistently track your relationship interactions through Raisers Edge to facilitate moves management.
• A bachelor’s degree.
• Minimum five years major-gift fundraising and/or business development experience, with a proven track record of negotiating and closing major gifts or securing business at the $25,000+ level.
• Proven relationship management and project management experience.
• Demonstrated ability to strengthen relationships with the community, staff and volunteers to establish a culture of philanthropy and encourage a co-operative approach to meeting major gift and campaign revenue goals.
• Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communications.
• Advanced computer skills, including experience with Microsoft Office software applications and client/donor relations management software, Raisers Edge preferred.
How to Apply
Interested candidates should submit in electronic format, a covering letter and their resume through to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications will be accepted until November 27, 2017, or until a suitable candidate is found.