WAG 2019 Gallery Ball Sold Out
The Gallery’s premier fundraising gala supports youth arts programs
Winnipeg, Manitoba, October 8, 2019: The Winnipeg Art Gallery (WAG) is thrilled to announce that its annual Gallery Ball is sold out! The black-tie evening that raises funds for the WAG’s Youth Programs takes place Saturday, October 19. This year’s sold-out event once again provides guests with the rare experience of dining in the galleries with flowers inspired by the artwork on display, plus after-hours access, such as the acclaimed Kent Monkman exhibition Shame and Prejudice: A Story of Resilience.
Now an internationally renowned artist based in Toronto, Monkman grew up taking art classes at the WAG. The Gallery Ball supports such programming for young people, enabling more kids and teens to experience art and art making.
Guests can expect a remarkable dining experience with delectable cuisine by Bergmann’s on Lombard and a custom dessert and coffee bar featuring local favourites; a highly anticipated silent auction including a mix of unique experiences and the latest work by some of today’s leading local and national artists; and live music by The Solutions.
• Last year 25,000 took part in WAG youth art programs: art classes, summer camps, school tours, Family Sundays, Family Fusion, and Through the Eyes of a Child, a vibrant celebration of student work.
• By engaging in WAG programs, children from across the city and province see and experience more through art. Just one Gallery Ball ticket makes it possible for 43 kids to visit the WAG.
• From the evening’s opening champagne reception until the after-dinner hours, a full program of music and entertainment is scheduled to entertain and enrich the evening.
• Notable items in this year’s auction include artwork donations from artists whose work is currently on view at the WAG such as Tony Scherman and John Paskievich, plus fabulous experiences ranging from Caribbean cruise with Silversea Cruises Ltd. to a private dinner hosted on the construction site of the WAG Inuit Art Centre catered by Inn at the Forks and featuring a tour by PCL Constructors Canada Inc.
• If you can’t make it to the Ball this year, but still want to support our cause, please visit wag.ca/donate. View photos from Gallery Ball 2018 at galleryball.wag.ca
“Children’s creativity and imagination flourish through WAG Learning and Programs, and funds raised at Gallery Ball help make that happen. Art education is at the heart of the WAG mission, and continues to grow as we work towards the opening of the WAG Inuit Art Centre next year. Thank you to our amazing Gallery Ball 2019 Chair, Joyce Berry, and her incredible team of volunteers, along with all of this year’s generous sponsors, donors, and ticket buyers for enabling the Gallery to have a bigger impact in the community.”
—Dr. Stephen Borys, Director & CEO, Winnipeg Art Gallery
“Support for Youth Programs at the WAG ensures that our children have the opportunity to experience a cultural environment that encourages creativity and innovation. Through Gallery Ball, we are investing in our community’s future. Thank you to all of our supporters for recognizing the power of art to benefit the lives of young people right here in Winnipeg and across Manitoba.”
—Joyce Berry, 2019 Gallery Ball Chair
Gallery Ball 2019 Committee: Joyce Berry (chair), Aynsley Cockshott, Hennie Corrin, and Susan Knox, with the help of the WAG Development Committee: Aynsley Cockshott and Hennie Corrin (co-chairs), Sangeet Bhatia, Yoko Chapman, Tanya Clarke Marinelli, Bill Glanville, Daniel Gurevich, Matt Johnston, Linda Levit, Sam Lyons, Margaux Miller, Dorothy Vannan.
The Winnipeg Art Gallery is grateful to this year’s auction donors and ticket buyers, as well as sponsors, including PCL Constructors Canada Inc. (Auction Sponsor); Interior Illusions (Lounge Sponsor); The Settlers Foundation (Supporting Sponsor), Joyce Berry (Supporter); Liquor Mart (Table Wine & Champagne Reception); Bergmann’s on Lombard (Catering Sponsor); Esdale Printing Company Ltd., Doowah Design Inc., Florist Supply, Planned Perfectly, The Sign Source Ltd. (Event Sponsors); Winnipeg Free Press (Media Sponsor); all Corporate Table Sponsors, Donors, Floral Designers, and Dessert, Coffee & Digestif Purveyors. See the full list of supporters at wag.ca/ball.
Winnipeg Art Gallery – Gallery Ball
For more information or to arrange interviews, please contact
Amy Rebecca Harrison
Winnipeg Art Gallery
Winnipeg Art Gallery
The Winnipeg Art Gallery is a cultural advocate using art to connect, inspire, and inform. Playing a dynamic role in the community, we are a place for learning, dialogue, and enjoyment through art. The WAG holds in trust the largest public collection of contemporary Inuit art on earth. To celebrate the art and to honour the Inuit, the WAG is building the Inuit Art Centre, the first of its kind in the world. Opening in 2020, the Centre will bridge Canada’s North and South through exhibitions, research, education, and art making. To learn more visit wag.ca
- 2020 (2)
- January (2)
- 2019 (30)
- 2018 (34)
- 2017 (44)
- 2016 (49)
- 2015 (57)
- 2014 (61)
- 2013 (59)
- 2012 (72)
- 2011 (70)
- 2010 (51)
- 2009 (24)