Registration Opens Today for Impressionist-Themed Summer Art Camps at WAG
Plus, beat summer boredom for children and teens with half-day studio workshops
Winnipeg, Manitoba, March 6, 2018: Come spend a week in Paris, paint outside, or dance with Edgar Degas when you spend the summer with the Impressionists at the Winnipeg Art Gallery’s art camp.
Registration is now open for seven fun-filled weeks of camp where young Claude Monets and Mary Cassatts will explore the Gallery, create art, go on exciting field trips, and stage their own mini-exhibition at the end of the week.
Don’t want a full day? Sign-up for half-day August workshops in clay and multi-media for children and teens.
• Fun filled camps for ages 6-8 and 9-12
• Week-long sessions run July 3-August 17
• Monday-Friday, 9am-4pm with early drop-off starting at 8:30am and late pick-up until 5pm
• Choose from three exciting camp themes: A Week in Paris, Art is in the Air, Dancing with Degas
• New French week (August 13-17, ages 6-12) for all levels of French
• Half-day August workshops (August 20-31) for ages 7-9 and 10-14 explore clay and multi-media
• Affordable registration:
$225/week • $200/week for WAG members
Short weeks (July 3-6 & August 7-10) $200/week • $180/week for WAG members
$175/week • $155/week for WAG members
Don’t take our word for it, hear what parents from 2017 had to say:
• Helping my daughter feel confident with her creativity was a highlight!
• You guys are fantastic! We will be back!
• My children came home happy every day from camp. Their experiences were varied throughout the week and it was great to try all different art forms.
Registration details or if you have questions:
• Register online at wag.ca/learn or call 204.789.1766 to sign up
• For programming questions please contact Aline at 204.789.1763 or email@example.com
• For registration inquiries please contact Katryna at 204.789.1766 or firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information or to prearrange interviews, please contact:
Manager, Media & Marketing
Winnipeg Art Gallery
Public Relations Coordinator
Winnipeg Art Gallery
The Winnipeg Art Gallery is a cultural advocate using art to connect, inspire, and inform. Playing a dynamic role in the community, we are a place for learning, dialogue, and enjoyment through art. The WAG holds in trust the largest public collection of contemporary Inuit art on earth. To celebrate the art and to honour the Inuit, the WAG is building the Inuit Art Centre, the first of its kind in the world. Breaking ground in 2018, the Centre will bridge Canada’s North and South through exhibitions, research, education, and art making. To learn more visit wag.ca
- 2019 (16)
- 2018 (34)
- 2017 (44)
- 2016 (49)
- 2015 (57)
- 2014 (61)
- 2013 (59)
- 2012 (72)
- 2011 (70)
- 2010 (51)
- 2009 (24)