WAG Summer Art Camp Counselor
Reporting to the Head of Learning & Programs, this position is responsible to deliver camp programming and to guide and ensure the safety of children as they engage in weekly camp activities.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Support the Day Camp Director.
- Deliver art camp activities as provided by the Camp Director.
- Provide innovative daily programming based on weekly themes.
- Supervise campers.
- Attend field trips.
- Deliver art making activities.
- Engage Day Camp volunteers.
- Manage camper sign in/sign out system.
- Ensure the safety and well-being of all day camp participants.
- Assist the Artist(s) during the studio art making component.
- This position is made possible by funding from the Urban/Hometown Green Team Program. Eligible candidates under this program must be aged 15 to 29 years, a resident of Manitoba, be legally entitled to work in Canada, and have a valid Social Insurance Number.
- Experience working in Day Camps.
- Experience working with children.
- CPR/First Aid certified (will provide).
- Clear criminal record and Child Abuse Registry check.
- Be available weekdays from July 5 to August 31, 2022.
- Camp runs from July 11 to August 26, 2019.
- Must be able to lift up to 25 kilos.
- Bilingualism (French/English).
- Ability to speak an Indigenous language.