Part Time Learning & Programs Facilitator
Reporting to the Learning & Programs Coordinator, this position is responsible for providing an educational experience by conducting youth tours, adult tours, participating in team teaching and mentorship in the training of volunteer guides.
• Conducts program tours for individuals representing all ages, adapting to learner needs and teacher expectations.
• Assesses tour groups and adapts program to learner
• Assists in the training process for new guides
• Attends training to acquire knowledge of all exhibitions
• Research exhibitions and obtains artist information
• Maintains resources and materials used by guides and teachers
• Maintains respectful behaviour
• Acts as a role model to leaders for discussing art with students
• Assists in researching artists and exhibitions for guide training
• Provides feedback regarding the running of programs, guide performance and student and leader responses
• Other duties as assigned
• Minimum two year’s post-secondary education in fine art or art history
• Minimum two year’s experience working with children
• Good communication and leadership skills
• Preference to those with Indigenous heritage, others will be considered
• Fluency in French and English required for bi-lingual facilitator
Ability to speak or write an Indigenous language
The scheduled school visits will determine the hours and days of work. The incumbent must have the flexibility to work 11 hours per week.