Lead Audio-Visual Technician (Part Time)
Reporting to the Head of Museum & Visitor Services, the Lead A/V Technician will coordinate and oversee the usage of all A/V equipment and liaise with clients with regards to A/V needs for events. Responsible for the set-up and maintenance of all A/V equipment including sound and lighting systems and video equipment and staff scheduling.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Set-up and operate A/V equipment as required
- Maintain and or perform basic repair on the A/V equipment. Order supplies as required and advise the Head of Museum & Visitor Services when new equipment is required and consult on major equipment repairs.
- Coordinate all A/V requirements and services in consultation with internal and external user groups.
- Train, supervise and schedule part-time A/V Technicians.
- Ensure all equipment is stored properly for ease of access
- Other duties as assigned
- Technical college or vocational school diploma in Broadcast/Sound Engineering or Theatre/Stage Craft.
- 3-4 years of work experience with cross training in all aspects of theatre lighting, sound engineering and video equipment.
- Ability to work independently on occasion.
- Good interpersonal skills and the ability to work in a team environment in cooperation with staff, volunteers and the general public (Gallery clients)