The Winnipeg Art Gallery (WAG) is currently seeking a Finance Supervisor who prepares and enters accounting information into the Gallery’s computerized accounting system and carries out assigned accounting duties, including training and supervision of accounting staff. The Finance Supervisor will report to the Finance Manager.
Starting salary: $44,651
The WAG has grown into one of the country’s leading visual art museums with the addition of Qaumajuq, home to the largest public collection of contemporary Inuit art in the world. The WAG is home to an impressive collection of over 27,000 artworks spanning centuries, cultures, and media. Our exhibitions feature a diverse array of art and content and are supported by a wide range of programs, events, and partnerships aimed at creating a place for us to meet and share. The WAG welcomes everyone to enjoy this space as a centre for learning and discovery, and to connect with each other through art.
The WAG is committed to equity, diversity, and inclusion and aims to create a healthy and rewarding environment. We welcome applications from qualified individuals who represent the diversity of the community in which we live, including, but not limited to, Indigenous Peoples, racialized groups, 2SLGBTQ+ people, persons with disabilities and people from other equity-seeking groups. The WAG, in accordance with the Accessibility for Manitobans Act, is also committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. We will work with candidates requesting accommodation at any stage of the hiring process.
- Extended healthcare including dental
- After working an extra ½ hour per day from September to May, Mondays are off from June to August
- Having a positive impact within the community
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Prepare and enter documents and financial material into the accounting system
- Prepare bank reconciliations including all online sales
- Code A/P for account distribution and insure appropriate approvals
- Maintain A/P & A/R systems
- Prepare Gallery payroll information and remit to outside payroll services
- Maintaining various floats and petty cash fund
- Supervise & train staff on proper accounting procedures
- Ensure proper distribution of all department expenses including payroll
- Train, assist & supervise gallery shops payables staff
- Responsible for month end and year end
- Records, controls and deposits all monies received
- Maintain accurate accounting file systems
- College diploma in accounting
- Minimum five years’ experience in general accounting
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks with constant interruptions
- Ability to accurately follow standard data entry procedures
- Must be able to work in cooperation and deal with staff, management and the general public in a professional and courteous manner
- Willingness to upgrade knowledge and training in the accounting field
Please send your resume with a cover letter as a single pdf to email@example.com with the position title in the subject line. We look forward to hearing from you! Only candidates invited for interviews will be contacted. Thank you.